Contact Information

Thank you for visiting the Florida Courts Website. Please note that The Office of the State Courts Administrator is prohibited from providing legal advice, advising parties about how to proceed, or advising individuals about which form should be used. Nor does the Office of the State Courts Administrator have access to case records. If you need legal assistance, or have a question regarding a particular case, please review the Frequently Asked Questions below, or visit our Self Help Information page where you will find additional information on many court-related issues.

The following information must be obtained from your local trial court:

  • Divorce orders or decrees
  • Criminal court records
  • All other case records

Please contact the clerk's office at the court where your case or record was handled.

Find Your Court

Note: The Office of the State Courts Administrator does not maintain these records.

Phone Scam

The Office of the State Courts Administrator is aware Floridians have been targeted by telephone scams. Criminals, using technology to mimic the telephone number of the State Courts System, pose as relatives in distress.

These calls are not coming from the State Courts System. Scammers urgently request money be sent immediately. Don’t do it. The Federal Trade Commission has information on this scam and strategies for combatting it.

Read more about this phone scam.

Email Scam

The Office of the State Courts Administrator has learned of an email scam in which emails purporting to come from state courts are attempting to infect recipients with computer viruses.

These emails are instructing recipients to report for a hearing on a specified date and time. The emails also instruct recipients to review an attached document for detailed case information. When the attachment or links in the email are opened, a malicious program is launched that infects the recipient's computer.

Unless you are actively involved in a case in a Florida court, and have consented to receive court notifications electronically, you generally will not be served court documents electronically.

Read more about email and phone scams.PDF Download

Jury Duty Phone Scams

The U.S. Marshals Service is warning the public of a nationwide telephone scam involving individuals claiming to be U.S. marshals, court officers or law enforcement officials seeking to collect a fine in lieu of arrest for failing to report for jury duty. The U.S. Marshals Service does not call anyone to arrange payment of fines over the phone for failure to appear for jury duty or any other infraction.

Traffic Citation Scam

The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) is warning consumers they may be targeted by a company representing itself as the DHSMV and demanding payment for fraudulent citations. The company, which is not associated with the DHSMV in any way, will send emails to consumers requesting payment of a citation within a certain timeframe and if the payment is not received on time, the company will falsely require a daily late fee payment.

The scam emailPDF Download sent to consumers includes a linked payment page and email address. While the linked payment page appears to be inactive at this time, the DHSMV is warning consumers that this is a scam and no payment should be made. If a consumer has made a payment, they should refute the charge and take the appropriate security measures with their financial institution.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Where can I find judgments, filings, complaints, and divorce decrees (orders), or other case documents or information?

A: You must contact the clerk's office at the court where your case was handled. You may find trial court clerks' phone numbers, street addresses, and website addresses through

Q: How do I find information regarding criminal records?

A: Statewide criminal history information is available through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Information and documents from criminal cases can be obtained county clerks of court. Contact information for the circuit and county clerks of court – including links to their websites - is available through

Q: How do I file for divorce?

A: Visit our Online Self-Help Center's section on Filing for Divorce. You will find information and instructions on filing for divorce to end your marriage. You will also be able to access the forms you will need and resources where you can get help.

Q: Where can I find information about traffic cases?

A: If you need information about a traffic ticket or citation, please contact the clerk's office in the county where your ticket was issued. If you do not know the county where your ticket was issued, please contact the  Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.

Q: What should I do if I cannot report for jury duty or have lost my jury summons?

A: Contact the clerk of court in the Florida county where you reside. Contact information for the clerks of court is available through

Q: How do I file a complaint against a judge?

A: If you disagree with a judge’s rulings in your case, the only way to address those concerns is by filing motions or appeals, as may be appropriate.

All matters alleging unethical conduct by a Florida state court judge should be directed to the Judicial Qualifications Commission. You may find information about the commission at

Still Have Questions?

You can contact the Office of the State Courts Administrator at:

State Courts Administrator
500 South Duval Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1900
(850) 922-5081

For technical issues related to this website please contact the Web Administrator by email at 

Legal Help Resources

Should you need further assistance, consider seeking professional legal help. The following resources are available:  

  • If you need assistance in locating an attorney, you may want to call The Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service at 1-800-342-8011.
  • If you are unable to afford a lawyer, Florida Legal Services or your local legal aid office has information about pro bono (without charge) counsel. The main telephone number for Florida Legal Services is 407-801-4350.
  • Do further research on your own by visiting your local law or public library.
Last Modified: February 20, 2024